Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oncall

I purposely wrote my blog in Chinese since I created it.
This time, out of my control....

As I blogged this in Satelite Pharmacy department, Hospital Seri Manjung.
Syrups, pills, injections, powder are surrounding me in this early morning,
after I got a call from Ward 5 at 4.40am...

Well, I don't feel to blame anyone who disturbed my sweet dream, my quality sleep,
because I am the person who hold the "KEY",
and be responsible for the whole week after office hour,
if there is a need from pharmacist's advice? life-treatening medicine? TDM (Therapeutic Drug Monitoring)? etc...
I must be available for all the time.

Be honest, it is stressfull...
mobile phone need to carry along, make sure it is functioning and battery full,
mentally and physically should be well-prepared,
knowledge of everything related to pharmacy should be in mind...
As a new, fresh pharmacy undergraduate,
this still have a long time to be...

Arrived hospital around 5.15am...
supplied Hydrocortisone 1% cream to a child,
which can be foolish as it's not life-treatening item,
why don't wait until 8am...

Stand on the patient's side,
who stang by jelly fish,
pain, rashes, inflammation quite be irritating and disturbing his sleeping time like me,
stuff nurse must have no choice only called me to supply this medicine,
if not, why she said to me "sorry dan kasihan ganggu cik pada waktu ini"...
Helping people always comes to my priority.

Nevermind,
only a week, I can manage to face it..
Feel sleepy, tired, cool, not feeling so well, would not be my excuses...

No comments:

Post a Comment